Call for Abstracts for the 16th International Hydrocolloids Conference
October 23-26, 2022, Guelph, Canada pdf download
You are invited to submit an abstract or abstracts to the 16th International Hydrocolloids Conference (16th IHC), which will be held at the University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada, on October 23-26th, 2022. This conference was previously proposed to be held at Nashville, TN. Due to the uncertainty caused by the COVID 19 Pandemic, after several rounds of consultations with members of the International Scientific Committee, a decision was made to change the location to Guelph, Ontario, Canada, where the headquarter of the International Hydrocolloids Conferences is located. Since there are still uncertainties for the international travels, a site meeting will be held at Nanchang University where the 14th IHC was hosted in 2018 (https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/food-hydrocolloids/special-issue/10CRVRTTJZZ). Submitted presentations will also be considered for remote presentation, but priority will be given to in-person presentations. If you wish to present your work remotely, please contact the conference organizers.
The abstract could be submitted through the following link (Abstract Submission) or follow the
conference website: (www.international-hydrocolloids-conference.com).
The deadline for submission of abstracts is July 31, 2022.
- The Topic of the 16th IHC will include:
- Novel hydrocolloids: new sources and processes, characterizations, functional properties and applications
- Modification of natural hydrocolloids: methodologies, improved functionalities, and novel applications
- Plant Proteins: characterizations, functionalities and applications
- Hydrocolloids in nano-emulsions and microencapsulation
- Hydrocolloids in cosmetics and 3D Printing
- Synergisms of polysaccharides, proteins and phenolics
- Polysaccharides and dietary fibres: prebiotics and gut health
- Polysaccharides and Immune responses
All presenters, including plenary, invited, oral and poster presentations, are invited to submit your manuscripts for consideration to be published in special issues on Food Hydrocolloids, and Bioactive Carbohydrates and Dietary Fibre.
Professor Mingyong Xie, Ph.D
Academician, Chinese Academy of Engineering
Nanchang University, Jiangxi, China
Professor H. Douglas Goff, Ph.D.
Department of Food Science
University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Chair of the International Scientific Committee
Professor Steve W. Cui, Ph.D.
Guelph Research and Development Centre
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Canada