16th IHC travel info

Visa Requirements

Any visitor travelling to Canada – including those who don’t currently need a visa to visit – will have to get an electronic travel authorisation (eTA) to enter Canada. Travellers will have the opportunity to go online and apply for their eTA ahead of time. For more information see the official Canadian government website.

COVID-19: Travel, testing and borders


By Air

Three airports service Guelph:

From outside North America:

From the United States:

From Western Canada:

From Eastern Canada:

Travel from the Airports to Guelph Hotels/University

Visit the website at: www.redcarservice.com to book.

Passengers requiring service to and from Toronto Island Airport (Billy Bishop) or Union Station in Toronto may book service at their regular published charter rates by calling the Red Car office at 1-855-218-4888 and speaking with an agent.

By Car

Directions from Highway 401 East or West

Exit #299 (Hwy. 6 Hamilton) and travel North (Brock Road North). Brock Road changes to Gordon Street once you enter the City of Guelph (approx. 16 km). Continue on Gordon Street which passes by many of the local hotels and through the University of Guelph campus between Stone Rd and College Ave. University of Guelph campus map

By Bus

By Train

By Taxi

Red Top Taxi provides accessible service. Taxi service is available on-demand or by booking in advance – 519-821-1700